Saturday, August 7, 2010

Exercise, why do I hate thee?

So I am on my way to pick up the hubby last night. It's been a week. I'm sure that he has worked out and run every day. Why can't I find the motivation, the endurance, the love for excerise? Hubby really does love it! If he doesn't get to the gym, he is a very grouchy gus.

I know the benefits of exercising. I know it's the only way for me to lose weight and keep it off. I know that it releases endorphins that make me less postal. So why can't I commit to it everyday?

It's not that the mere thought of exercise disgusts me...far from it. I actually love to fantasize about being a runner or triathalete. I love the way I feel after I come back from the gym or a run/walk, but I can never stick with it every single day.

Something has to change! I want to love exercising everyday! Wonder how long it will take me to follow through with that statement?

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. The only reason I go every day is because I'm held accountable on Monday nights. If I don't go during the week, on Monday night I pay for it. Try to find someone to go with you. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try it shoeless. seriously. If I remember right, you liked being shoeless in HI, like me. But then at exercise time, we shove our feet in their little foot jails, and get to "work." Go at it barefoot and you'll find the joy in whatever you're doing again, like a kid. just try it!! Once you're hooked on shoeless, it will be a great excuse to get shoeless in the winter! going shoeless supposedly actually increases circulation in your feet so that you CAN go shoeless in the winter!! I can't wait to see if it's true or not! Leaving the shoes at home (well, on top of the jogger at first) has changed so much for me!

    ReplyDelete